Over the course of the '70s, the Jazz Bass entered its "teenage years," changing its visual style and inspiring new playing techniques-such as slapping-which led directly to new, creative forms of expression. Its smooth feel and growly midrange, tempered with a bit of treble bite, made it a hero in recording sessions around the globe. The American Original '70s Jazz Bass updates the smooth playing feel with a modern-radius fingerboard, while retaining the classic Fender tone and style that made the Jazz Bass the tool of choice for creative bassists.
The Pure Vintage '75 Jazz Bass single-coil pickups are as period-correct as possible, from the enamel-coated coil wire to the cloth-covered output wires, fiber bobbins and alnico 5 magnets. The sleek "'70s U"-shaped neck profile and 9.5"-radius fingerboard combine for a comfortably agile playing feel. Other authentic touches include vintage-tall frets, original-era body radii, vintage-style hardware-including a four-saddle vintage-style bridge-vintage-style hardshell case.
An authentic recreation of the instrument that created funk and disco, the American Original '70s Jazz Bass is the best way to get inspired and groove.
GLOSS URETHANE FINISH
The durable, gloss urethane finish on this instrument doesn't just protect it against damage—it's also an authentic design element, straight from the 70s.
PURE VINTAGE ‘75 JAZZ BASS PICKUPS
American Original instruments feature specially voiced pickups crafted to reproduce the authentic sound and performance of individual model years.
“’70S U” NECK SHAPE
This Jazz Bass features a “U”-shaped neck profile delivered straight from the ‘70s to your hands. Remarkably comfortable, it suits any playing style.
VINTAGE-ACCURATE BODY AND NECK RADII
Original-era fans can rest assured every curve and line of the body and neck are accurate to the historic originals.
From the bridge to the string tree and tuning machines, every piece of hardware is just like the original.
FINGERBOARD & FRETS
This 9.5”-radius fingerboard is slightly flatter than a vintage-style 7.25” radius, providing a comfortable fret-hand feel. Vintage-tall frets make it easier to add vibrato to your basslines.
- Model Name: American Original '70s Jazz Bass®, Maple Fingerboard, Natural
- Model #: 0190142821
- Series: American Original
- Color: Natural
- Body: Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape: 1975 "U"
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Frets Size: Vintage Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.475" (37.46 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Blocks
- Truss Rods: Vintage-Style
- Bridge Pickup: Pure Vintage '75 Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- Middle Pickup: Pure Vintage '75 Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: None
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Pure Vintage '70s with Single Groove Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage '70s with Fender® Logo
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Strings: Fender® USA Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Dimensions: 6.00x17.00x51.00 IN
- Weight: 22.50 LB